Tuesday, December 4, 2012

For those in the kitchen...

I have been getting my fruits and greens lately through smoothies, so I thought I'd share them with you!

Pear-Apple
2 pear
1 apple
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
2 cups fresh baby spinach (or other leafy green)
½ cup water
(I added some ice, plain yogurt and about 1/4 sugar)
http://www.incrediblesmoothies.com/recipes/pear-smoothie-recipes-and-nutrition/


Cucumber Pear Smoothie

serves 2

ingredients:

  • 1/2 medium cucumber, peeled
  • 1 medium pear, cored and chopped
  • 1 cup almond milk (or milk of your choice)
  • 1 tablespoon creamy almond butter (or other nut butter of your choice)
  • 1 tablespoon chia seeds
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon stevia
  • 6 – 7 ice cubes
(I used yogurt instead of nut butter and I didn't use chia seeds or stevia. It makes a nice cinnamony, fresh tasting smoothie. You could also put spinach in it.)
http://www.queenofquinoa.me/2012/06/cucumber-pear-smoothie/

Also, I found a winner of a dinner because of all of the positive feedback I was getting from Skyler. (yay!) It's like chili.
Picante Soup
Dump all of these ingredients in a pan and simmer/boil it for about 30 minutes. Eat with cheese, sour cream, and/or chips.
1 can chickpeas
1 can kidney beans (pinto is what I used)
1 can corn
16 oz salsa/picante sauce (I used one of the empty cans to measure some salsa out)
1 lb cooked ground beef or chicken (I used chicken)
Tell me if you try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment