Sunday, April 7, 2013

Student Art Work

This post is mainly for Angela since she will soon join the world of student artists in the Spori building. Right now a lot of student's work is on display and I took pictures to show what some of them learn to do. I always enjoy peeking at BFA stuff in the Spori each semester. Enjoy!

 This reminded me of Adventure Time.

 Not only do I like this idea of spelling "chocolate" with candy bars, but I was also impressed that it was painted.



 This was a bug made out of a type writer.


 "Self Portrait" made of porcelain, thread, metal and wood
 "Waiting for a Train"
 "The Beet Snatchers"



 I love Arabian horses so I had to include this photograph.




Still lifes and pears remind me of Mom :)

 These reminded me a lot of the work that Angela does right now. I really like the Princess and the Frog one and the Jack and the Beanstalk one.









 These next few pictures of text are from a book that a student put together. He killed two birds with one stone by using his research as his BFA project and presented it at the Research and Creative Works conference this semester (which Skyler has been participating in and helping organize this semester). Sadly there were a lot of grammar and spelling errors, but the substance of the research was interesting.







1 comment: