Monday, October 21, 2013

An awful lot of running

Halloween is coming up, and Lisa has been getting into the spirit by decorating our windows with some fun silhouettes. She did not tell me about them until I walked home one day and saw our windows staring at me.




In the mornings, though, the monsters are outside trying to get in.



Saturday night we enjoyed a fun couples Halloween party hosted by some friends in our ward. Some of the guests included Bo Peep and her sheep, a farmer and a cow (Lisa’s pregnant friend made an outfit that included udders over her tummy and the farmer had manure stains on his pants, very clever) Puppet and puppeteer, princess and knight, Jack and Jill (after they fell down the hill, complete with dented pail). Lisa and I dressed up as Amy and The Doctor. Another Doctor and River Song showed up as well. (watch Lisa’s facebook for pictures).


We went as far as we reasonably could with our costumes. Lisa even died her hair (with Kool-Aid) to get her red-head look. 



Lisa also had fun trimming and shaping my hair to get our best impression of The Doctor. We couldn't imitate any one actor, so we dug through my closet and got a few cheap extras to create a new Doctor (somewhere between David Tenant and Matt Smith). She also made a sonic screwdriver from a few highlighters and paint.



The party included a photo scavenger hunt that took us all over Norman. I quickly got carsick with our aggressive driver, but we had a great time. Here are a few of the items we had to find/do.













Claire has been learning new things from us and from her little friends. She learned to say “uh oh” from a friend and she is learning to play the piano from Lisa.



One day Claire was wandering around with her doll and tried to lift it up over her head to give it a shoulder ride like I do with her. We helped her get the arms and legs of the doll sorted and she loved giving it a shoulder ride around the house.



All is well in Norman. It has cooled down a bit which makes walking to school much more comfortable. School is busy. I feel like The Doctor trying to be a space and time traveler with grading past assignments, taking care of current deadlines, and planning for my next lesson and upcoming tests and running back and forth between north and south campuses and the apartment. 

Happy Halloween!

Love,

The Hebdons

2 comments:

  1. Claire sure is a cutie! And she looks like a natural at the piano!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love this post! Kool-Aid hair intrigues me. The swinging photo made me laugh, it's so fun! Pictures of Claire are always great, but the one with the baby on her shoulders was special. Thank you for sharing. Oh, those windows - what a fun look - I could even do something like that here if I want. ;) Love you all!

    ReplyDelete