Monday, November 28, 2016

Pie!

Happy Thanksgiving! A tradition that we've been doing for several years now is writing down what we're thankful for during FHE in October and November and reading them out loud on Thanksgiving day. This year David and Rachel came out to celebrate with us. Skyler pulled out all the stops and made as much from scratch as possible! I covered the desserts.
 The chocolate pie was pretty much melted chocolate chips, so we ate very thin slices at a time! David liked adding a little bit of peanut butter to it.
 Making stuffing. We also made mashed potatoes in the pressure cooker.
 Hot chocolate! I made sure to get Land-O-Lakes.
 The kids love hot chocolate and insist on marshmallows every time.


 I was surprised at how well my first apple pie turned out. I only did it from scratch because Claire had her heart set on making an apple pie. We worked together on it and we felt like Snow White :)


 I have never seen our fridge this full! This is how our parent's fridge is when we come to visit. We still have leftovers. Notice the two giant bowls of acini salad? I haven't eaten some in years and I probably ate some after every meal for three days straight it's so yummy!
 We walked around North campus at OU. David took the time to urban sketch one side of the library. Claire and Todd wanted to join in too, which I thought was cute, so we brought their pens and notebooks too. Claire drew it several times, I don't think out of frustration, but for the challenge of it. I was impressed how she stuck with it and she asked us questions to help her know how to go about drawing certain parts. There were lots of details such as: gargoyles, faces, statues, tutor arches, bricks and windows.


 We also went to one of the kid's favorite parks. This is the fire truck.
 Claire eating and David reading. We mostly talked, played with the kids and ate a lot of yummy food. We really enjoyed having them stay in our extra room. We'll always remember their visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment