Sunday, September 9, 2012

Finished Summer Projects



So the first project that I (Skyler) have been working on making a new webpage for the Chemistry Society over the past seven weeks. Now it's finally done and online! Here's the final product. Feel free to look around and let me know if there are any improvements that can be made. My hope is that you can fairly easily find anything you want to know about the Society on that web page. If you have questions that the site does not answer, I'd love to hear them.

Another finished "project" is the GRE test. The GRE is a more intense version of the SAT and ACT that helps to confirm your college transcript just like the other tests do for your high school transcript. The only difference is that I have to take the GRE a whole year before I graduate in order to apply to grad school on time. I went to Pocatello Tuesday and sat at a computer for almost 4 whole hours taking the test. (Other people entered the testing center 10 minutes before me and they were still working when I left, it's a long test!) The computer tells you your "unofficial results" for two of the three sections (I don't know how they can change unless they need to review the video that was watching me to make sure that I didn't cheat). It said I got 161 (86th percentile) in verbal reasoning and 164 (90th percentile) in quantitative reasoning! We'll hear about the writing in week or so. I'll be happy if I get anywhere above the 50th percentile in that section. We'll see...

The last project that we finished was canning and cleanup! Our final count is 20 quarts of peach slices and 6 quarts of peach butter. We decided to do butter because it is less sugar (and an easier recipe). We weren't planning on making butter but apparently we let the peaches get a little too ripe.

Can you tell I wrote this post? All numbers and words and no pictures. For those of you who need a picture of Claire to be able to leave this blog in as good a mood as you came... here are a few!






No comments:

Post a Comment