Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Sewing a Horse Stick

I know! I actually sewed something! And the amazing thing is, I did it in one day! I know my mom is probably so proud of me right now. She taught me everything I know about sewing. I feel so empowered right now!
Here's the story: I have very crafty friends that sell their creations at craft shows. Sometimes they post their goods on Facebook. One day I saw that they had made some very cute stick horses. Childhood came back to me, and I wanted to buy one so bad! But, the thrift/creative part of me wanted to take on the challenge of making one of my own. If they could do it, I could do it! (plus I got a coupon to JoAnn Fabrics that I just had to use). And there are so many possibilities out there! Almost too many options. I finally settled on these three websites for some guidelines:
http://madmim.com/strapping-stick-horse-diy/
http://liagriffith.com/diy-felt-stick-horses/
https://www.etsy.com/transaction/120882622?
Mine ended up looking like a big war horse instead of a cowboy horse, or a feminine horse/unicorn, but that's what I was aiming for; a gender neutral horse that was durable. We're still trying to name him. Does Maximus sound good (think Tangled) or Moonlight?







 Here is the candy train that Skyler helped Claire create.
 Elaine, Todd is finally big enough to wear his rain boots! He loves clomping around in them.
 After
 Before

 Claire making a crib for herself.
 Todd got to eat graham crackers on our grocery shopping trip and was loving it.


Like a true Quinn, crafting and watching a movie at the same time (Nutcracker ballet)

No comments:

Post a Comment